Research Data Analyst I Bioinformatics
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute is a modern facility in Tampa, Florida. We strive to be the leader in understanding in the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt’s team of over 800 research faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students and support staff dedicated to cancer research.
- Oversees data management and data analysis
- Procure relevant data from several sources, conduct data cleaning, processing and recoding, prepare final analytic datasets. Prepare associated documentation for each dataset.
- Run basic descriptive and multivariate (logistic and survival-based regression) statistical analyses.
- Works closely with the Research Project Manager to prepare manuscripts for publication
- Works closely with the Principal Investigator to manage ongoing research project data
The Ideal Candidate
- A professional, personable, organized, detail-oriented individual with experience managing several sources of data, analyzing data for epidemiologic studies, synthesizing literature reviews and summarizing study findings. The ability to multi-task well is highly desirable.
- Experiences in using data query/reporting tools and data analysis skills in SAS, STATA or other relevant statistical software.
- Manuscript writing skills are highly desired.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Biostatistics, bioinformatics, computer science, computational biology, epidemiology, or related field plus 5 years of relevant experience
- Completion of an intense data boot camp is equivalent to 1 year of experience.
- Master’s degree in biostatistics, bioinformatics, computer science, computational biology, epidemiology, or related field with relevant experience is preferred.
- Preferred experience: Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, Unix environment, and statistical packages such as R, Python, SAS or other relevant software.
- Preferred experience: Familiarity with Next Generation sequencing or other high‐throughput bioinformatic data, high dimensional data wrangling and analysis techniques.