Spatial Genomics is a startup pioneering new frontiers in genomics. We are passionate and committed to developing revolutionary platform technologies for diverse applications of spatial genomic analysis of human and other biology. Join us in our mission to make Spatial Genomics broadly accessible and enable new discoveries in basic research and medicine.
- Design user-friendly software for the control of biological instrumentation
- Develop image analysis and visualization tools
- Collaborate with other team members on new challenges
- Assist others in the use of software packages
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Applied Math, Bioinformatics, Life Science or related field
- Experience working in software development
- Exceptional coding ability, ideally with experience in Python and C++
- Working knowledge of modern version control packages
- Interest in the life sciences and enthusiasm for collaborating with life science researchers
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Able to commute occasionally to Pasadena or San Diego – Sorrento Valley locations
- Authorized to legally work in the United States with no required sponsorship for immigration or work visas
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Bioinformatics or a related field
- Three or more years of experience working as a software developer
- Experience with hardware control interfaces recommended
- Experience with CI/CD and writing automated tests
- Experience with code reviews and coding for maintainability.
- Experience in cloud computing
- Experience with GUI development
- Experience with web development
- Knowledge of biology and genomics
Spatial Genomics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.