About Our Network Analysis Services
- Network analysis is a family of systems biology methods that uses the relationships among features to make complex biological data more comprehensible.
- WGCNA is a network analysis method with many applications, ranging from gene co-expression to patterns of functional co-activation in the brain.
- WGCNA provides richer insights into transcriptomic and epigenomic data than possible with more traditional methods such as differential expression.
- The Bioinformatics CRO works with experienced bioinformaticians, including those who developed the core methods, to provide rapid, quality WGCNA analyses to those who wish to get more from their genomic data. Our team has collectively conducted dozens of these analyses.
- If your data includes measurements from at least 20 samples (the more the better!), WGCNA might be a great fit for you.
Characterizing Gene Expression in Autism
This article, co-first authored by our founder, describes using WGCNA to characterize brain gene expression in autism. Despite its clinical heterogeneity, this analysis demonstrated a gene expression similarity in two thirds of cases, and further broke out co-expressed gene sets associated with synaptic function, glia, and inflammatory pathways. Network analysis demonstrated differing behavior over time for different sets of genes, disorder-associated regional differences in gene expression, and helped identify an actionable functional hypothesis regarding the transcription factor responsible.
Working with the developers of WGCNA, we have plenty of expertise in this analysis. Why wait to have it done right? Schedule your free initial consultation today.
Predicting drug toxicity
This article describes predicting drug toxicity by applying WGCNA to gene expression from the livers of rats treated with various drugs. This approach allowed the authors to identify mechanisms of toxicity and to predict specific toxic phenotypes. Applying this method to drugs in the early stages of development could save pharmaceutical companies substantial development costs on drugs likely to be toxic.
We do most things in the space of genomics, including transcriptomics (bulk, single cell, full length, digital gene expression, and much more), epigenomics, and exome and whole genome sequencing with variant interpretation. We have a strong core team supported by an extensive network of consultants whose expertise spans computational biology.
The cost of your project depends on many factors such as the amount of time your project will require, the complexity of your data and experimental design, and the extent of reporting you want. This will be determined following an initial consultation to determine your needs. We pride ourselves on efficiency.
It depends on the details of your project and on how urgently you need it, but the average time for a project of average scope is 3-4 weeks.
By default, you will get the code used, methods, and results (including supplementary tables and figures). Let us know if you want anything in particular.
No problem. You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this form and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.